Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Reza, Brassier, and naturalism stripped bare

Reza Negarestani has a new blog called Toy Philosophy, HERE. I like how it seems like it will be an open work-space of sorts and that he is open to exchange and influence of ideas. Ideally how blogging should be, in other words.

Already, even from his initial post, alot of what he is saying seems quite compelling and has inspired me with a few thoughts of my own. I can't say that I agree with him, that is - his identification of a "greedy naturalism" - just in the same way I don't agree with some of the specifics in Brassier's naturalism (compelling in its own right, but for different reasons). But both Brassier and Reza have "stripped-bare naturalisms'" that are lean enough to accommodate structural conceptual integrity. And that is key.

More soon.