Thursday, May 18, 2017

Jägerblut "Hunting"



Jägerblut "Hunting" lyrics, from the album 1896-1906 (UMB label, CD released 2007)

Leave concrete, mortar, brick behind
We are naked, two of one kind
We touch the dirty ground beneath
Worm and beetle greet us: we breathe

Into forest, up the trees
Down the lake and into seas
Burn the fire, eat the ground
Walk in spirals round and round
Talk to spirits, trapped and bound

Into forest, up the trees
Down the lake and into seas
Eat the fire, burn the ground
Walk in spirals round and round

Far from cities people, hate
The dawn is near, the hour late
The moon is grinning in the sky
We come to run, we come to fly
We come to hunt, we come to die

Mist is rising, come and see
Come my darling, lie with me

Soon we'll be rotting in the earth
We'll be free: I'll be you and you'll be me
A brilliant feast for wolf and snake
A monstrous wind the woods shall shake
A monstrous wind the world will take
A hunter in the forest wake

Rain is falling endlessly
Come my darling hunt with me

You hunt me: I will be you